Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ink Catalogue

When I first started stamping, I stamped out samples of all of my ink pads in a sketchbook, so that if I was looking to match ink colours with paper, I would have something handy to quickly refer to.  Over the years, the sketchbook pages became overcrowded and an update was in order.

I recently finished that project, a 4" x 6"  book cataloguing all of my ink pads:

Ink Catalogue

The cover is a postcard I picked up at the Vancouver Art Gallery this week.  It is by LAIWAN, and part of a display called "Everything Everyday", about the art of the everyday object.  (What you see on this postcard are Vancouver bus transfers.  The actual work containing the bus transfers is much larger, but postcards were also created for us to take.)  It somehow seems fitting to the exhibition theme that I'm reusing the postcard of the reused bus transfers.

Special thanks to Susan Raihala for the great tips on photographing cards.  I'm going to be giving it lots of practice, but I tried it here for this book and I'm very impressed with the results.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

No comments: