Monday, May 20, 2013

If You Don't Try You'll Never Grow

In my last (link sharing) post, I mentioned that I'd been drawing faces in my art journals lately.  I guess it is time to share one, humble though it may be:


Acrylic

Honestly, it is a bit hard for me to believe that I'm daring to draw faces, and even harder to believe that I'm sharing them with you.  I don't like failure much, and it makes me reluctant to try.

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


9 comments:

Passionforstamping said...

Great looking face and a great quote that we should all remember.

Alice said...

haha! i know what you mean!

and i like this heart-shaped face - it makes me smile :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from the APR - what a pretty face. As with Alice, it too, makes me smile :D I like your Ralph W.E quote. You may also like this one by Piccasso - I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it - and I think you are learning very well :0))

Jez said...

Your face has real individual character, and you should realise how good it is. You have your own style and vision that no-one else has. Keep going and build on it. This is very good, I like it.

Susan said...

Thanks so much, Jez. What kind words.

Susan said...

Oh yes, I like that quote too!

Susan said...

Thanks, Alice!

Currie Silver said...

it is rather remarkable when we open up and share our daring selves. I love your face and your bravery. carry on... ;~D

Susan said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement!