Monday, January 1, 2018

Altered Playing Cards - the Good the Bad and the Ugly


Not all of my crafty experiments are successful.  But I'd like my blog to be a place that I can refer back to, so I'm posting these anyway. LOL

One of the January themes in the Vancouver ATC Group is altered playing cards.  I wanted the playing cards to be visible, so I collaged a translucent napkin over them.  I've tried various combinations of clip art and stamps but I'm not really happy with any of them.  I like the Alice in Wonderland clip art but the images are quite pale and don't stand out with the vivid, busy background.

I did learn that I don't need to apply a layer of gel medium over top of the napkin; it stuck quite well just by applying a thin layer to the card and placing the napkin over the top.

No comments: