Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Avocado Toast - in my Journal



I'm still working on finishing up my journals one by one, with sketches and writing about the simple events occupying my days.   A friend introduced me to avocado toast the other day and I did this sketch.  I'm posting it so that she can see it. 

Below you can see more of the page; most days begin with a bible quote.


Below this is the description I wrote of our lovely time together and the grocery store I also visited.  I've omitted this to protect the innocent! LOL

The entire page is 9 x 12".  The journal is a hard cover Canson Mixed Media Journal containing 90 lb. Montval watercolor paper.  Although it is a little large for me, I love the paper.  It is the perfect trade-off between 140 lb. watercolor and sketch paper.  Not too precious, but takes washes well.

I've been playing with various drawing tools lately.  This is a Sheaffer fountain pen with brown ink.


No comments: