Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Loose Sheet Journaling


My Town, Watercolour


This is another "intuitive painting", done on watercolour paper.  

I'm trying out what Roz Stendahl calls "loose sheet journaling".  Sometimes loose sheets are just easier to work on than in a book, or sometimes there is a loose sheet of paper that you just have to try RIGHT NOW.  Inspiration is like that.  Sometimes Roz uses loose sheets or cards for a special project and makes a slip case of some sort to hold them all when the project is finished.

I have a couple of other reasons for trying this out.  Occasionally someone will see something that I've done and will want to own it.  Or, I may want to do something else with the piece (turn it into artist trading cards or bookmarks, for example).  These things are all difficult if I've done the work in a journal.  So, for work I do on watercolour paper, I'm trying this approach for awhile.  Once I've accumulated a stack of loose pages, I may bind them using my Bind it All.  I did that once with the Index Card A Day project.

No comments: