Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wot....No Art?

Watercolor and Uniball Pen
Strathmore Sketchbook

When I'm too lazy to blog, my friend Janice sends me an email with the subject "Wot....No Art?"  So this one is for her.

She posted a picture of a bouquet of flowers she received for Mother's Day, and briefly contemplated painting them, but she thought that she couldn't do them justice.  I suggested that an essence of the bouquet was just fine, but she didn't take me up on the challenge.  

I did this page soon after she posted the bouquet, enjoying the pun of this phrase we hear frequently with the idea of a bunch of flowers crowded in a vase.  I wasn't going to post this sketchbook page at all, primarily because of the wrinkled paper, but it seems fitting after receiving her email.  There's always art, if you #doitfortheprocess.

No comments: