Saturday, June 6, 2020

Quarantinezine


Yes, quarantinezines are a thing, and of course, an Instagram hashtag.  A quarantinezine is a zine (homemade magazine) people are making during quarantine.  My zine is about the Silver Linings I am finding in the Covid cloud.


I made mine for my "card partner", Lois.  The Westcoast Calligraphy Society June program challenged us to make a card from a sheet of calligraphy practice, and assigned us a card partner to send our card to.  You can see my orange warm-up strokes in the two pictures above, and I practiced writing Lois' name before I folded the zine.  After it was folded, I added the silver linings in criss-cross capitals and script.  I included some drawings and couldn't resist the silver foil.




A zine is an 8 page book made from any size of paper, but often made from letter sized paper - simple copy/computer paper. 






























Here is some more information on zines along with some simple instructions on how to fold a zine.  Of course there are YouTube videos available.


No comments: