Sunday, November 1, 2020

Hope

 

Inspired by a Photo by Diego PH, Unsplash

Inktober has come and gone for another year.  I didn't participate last year, but I was drawn to begin on October 1 and I did something each day.  Some of them were half-hearted attempts, and I didn't share anything on social media this time.

There were some things I really enjoyed about my casual approach and process this year, though.  Until the last few days, when lettering took over, I would type the prompt into Unsplash, and sketch whichever photo I liked the best.  I didn't think about how well it represented the prompt.  In fact, I didn't think at all - this is what I liked about it!

On the first day, I wanted to sketch with a brush, so I swiped it across Inktense Blocks; the use of "ink" was the only rule I followed.  I ended up using Inktense and a brush most days.

No comments: