Sunday, January 16, 2022

Learning from Each Other

 


I'm sharing a sketch today from one of my "workbooks", a sketchbook that doesn't see much Internet presence.

The Vancouver Urban Sketchers group has been running an online Meetup called "Learning from Each Other", and learning is my very favorite thing in the whole world so I jumped on board eagerly.  Here's what I've learned so far:

  1. This book, "The Sketch in Color" by Robert S. Oliver, is a great resource
  2. I'm going to play with using markers in my sketches a little more
  3. I need to practice more before spring comes and I'm out sketching again.
I also learned from Roz Stendahl about the journal as workbook.

There are so many opportunities to learn from each other even during these difficult times of relative self isolation.  Some of the lessons might be hard ones and some are more fun.  Whatever the hobby or subject, the local library has free resources available both on line and off.

What have you learned today?  What have you helped someone else learn?  I'd love to learn about them!

No comments: