Friday, March 11, 2022

Without A Plan

 


I didn't plan to participate in #oneweek100people this year, but it turned out to be a great thing to do at midnight when trying to stay awake.  (I'm restricting my sleep in an attempt to improve my insomnia.)

Each year, urban sketchers Marc Taro Holmes and Liz Steel run this drawing challenge with the simple goal to draw 100 people in 1 week.  It really helps to have a plan and/or approach going into this challenge, and when I picked it up I had neither.  I only had a need to stay awake, a new Talbots catalogue and a bright (?) idea in a foggy brain.  The first day of the challenge was almost over!

These were done with a Pilot Parallel Pen and walnut ink.  I took a course last weekend which used this pen for calligraphy and gave me encouragement to dust mine off and just play!

By Wednesday I developed a bit of a plan and an approach to finish.  A bit of research informed me that this 1 week challenge is actually only 5 days, so 37 in 2 days wasn't quite going to get me there!  Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion.....


No comments: