Saturday, April 9, 2022

New Course, New Journal!

 


I took a course recently on Domestica called "Illustrated Life Journal:  A Daily Mindful Practice", taught by Kate Sutton.  The course attracted me for the following reasons:

  • I love the idea of an illustrated life journal
  • Mindfulness has been on my mind a lot lately (I'm really bad at it LOL)
  • I have a lot of markers I rarely use and wanted some instruction and a structured way of using them for a longer project.  I could then decide whether I liked using them and how I might incorporate these as a change from watercolours 
Kate uses a square journal for the course and so I broke the seal on a 9 x 9 inch Leuchterm1917 journal I bought myself in November for my birthday.  I love the paper in these books - smooth and thick.

I'm going to do a series of blog posts about the course and my learnings. 

No comments: