Two of the themes for the Vancouver Artist Trading Card Group for August are birds and the colour red.
I didn't have a vision of the finished cards when I made these. But I had to start somewhere! So, the process went something like this:
- I grabbed all the interesting red paper I could find (some purchased, some hand decorated) , and cut it into ATC sized pieces.
- I hunted down three ATC sized bird themed rubber stamps; these ones are from I Brake for Stamps and Inkadinkado.
- I looked at the paper and decided which stamps would look best on which papers. Stamp away!
- Then I was stumped. (I couldn't just mount these on ATC bases, it seemed too easy.) So, they sat around for a few days.
- You may have noticed that I have a weakness for grids and inchies, so the idea struck to cut these into inchies, mix them up, and reassemble them like puzzles. I did sort the paper by weight so that the lighter weight papers were together and the heavier weight papers were together.
- I couldn't resist finishing them off with a bit of stitching.