Friday, September 27, 2013

29 Faces Becomes 30

 
 
I've been practising some watercolor techniques lately, and when I graduated from washes to layering and glazing, I was disappointed with my results.  Then I realized that it was the drawing and not the painting that was suspect, so I thought "Well, you can draw faces now, so why not paint one?"  Of course my Inner Critic immediately responded with "Oh no, you can't possibly paint a face.  You're just not good enough."  I shooed him away:  "It's only paper, stupid.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"


7 comments:

  1. Aa great start with painting! So, I'm still looking for a something on a blank page with a Provence theme...perhaps a painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Still percolating in my brain. How's the drawing coming?

      Delete
  2. Love this painting,well done!
    I loved my retreat,let's get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great face and ~ wow ~ look at you exceeding the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice face collection. My favorites are your Sharpie drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of faces. Like your watercolor portraits!!
    I have finished my 29 faces also, so I now have some time to visit all the participants of the challenge :-)
    Have a great day!
    xxx Marianne MW

    ReplyDelete