Saturday, April 16, 2016

Silly Scraps Saturday is Back!

 
4 1/2" x 6 1/2"
 
I've been thinking about creativity, (or in my case, lack thereof) a lot lately.  A few years ago I kept a scrap journal, inspired by Hanna's post here.  Each Saturday, I would post a page of these silly scrap collages.  My last Silly Scraps Saturday post was here.
 
When I filled up the journal, I thought that I would keep doing them in another journal.  Only I didn't.   My scraps are proliferating but my collages aren't.
 
What does this have to do with creativity?  I feel like I need a creativity boost, and I'm wondering whether consolidating all of those journals was such a good idea.  Each medium needs a different size or type of paper, and without a journal to do them in, I feel creative block setting in.  Too many choices!  If I have a journal for collage, maybe I'll do more.
 
Just as I was thinking about this I read this post over at Daisy Yellow.  (Tammy is also an accountant, so our brains might just work the same way.)  She says that a decade ago she would have found multiple journals too disorganized, but now she finds that it gives her energy.  That works for me!  I love it when I get "permission" to do something from someone I respect.  Tammy is the queen of creativity - she runs the Index Card A Day project.
 
This morning I made a new Scrap Journal and did this first collage.  It looks like Silly Scraps Saturday is Back!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you do with your silly scraps and I'm glad you brought this project back to life.