Friday, April 29, 2016

Tutorial


I promised that I would do a tutorial on my process for the gelato and Inktense pages that I've been posting lately.  The finished page is shown above, and below are the steps. 

This journal is a Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper book, and first I painted it with Inktense blocks.  I wet the paper and used the blocks as a pan of watercolor:



After the page was dry, I drew on it with a Stabilo pencil.  Here is a close up of that:


Then, I began adding more Inktense to the background:


This final layer of greens and blues is added to the background only:


At some point (sometimes at the end and sometimes right after drawing), I make sure that I have gone over all of the Stabilo pencil with water.  This makes it blacker.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!




No comments: