Sunday, August 26, 2018

Japanese Double Pamphlet


I'm working through my current journal so fast that I've made my next one already.  I decided on a square format this time (7"), with the same Deserres Fabriano mixed media paper.

This is my first Japanese Double Pamphlet, which allows for two signatures.  I got the instructions from Roz Stendahl's free pamphlet binding class.

The Japanese Double Pamphlet can be made with a "split cover", which allowed me to use up some painted paper that wasn't wide enough to go all the way around from front to back.  In the photo below, you can see the covers in the middle of the two signatures.  If you make the cover using a single piece, this part would be a pleat, rather than two pieces.  It is hard to explain and a bit hard to line up all the pieces, which are stitched with a single 5 whole pamphlet stitch. 


I did have two strips left over so I made a couple of bookmarks for The Bookmark Project.

No comments: