Thursday, April 4, 2019

Gelli Plate Play Day


The organizer of our Vancouver Artist Trading Card group hosted a gelli plate play day last weekend.  Almost twenty of us gathered for a fun afternoon of printing - everyone had a ball!  My objective was to make some prints with light values, which can be cropped into backgrounds for greeting cards and ATC's.  I am very satisfied with my output of 35 prints, all of which can be stamped or drawn on.  I'll just show a few here.

On these first two,  I used a hand made foam stamp


On the next two, I lay down some embossed wallpaper.


Christmas card potential above


On the next two, I used a styrofoam stamp created at the play day.  Our hostess had large blocks of styrofoam and a soldering iron to melt patterns into them!  On one block, you can make 6 different patterns.



To make the last three I used embossed card stock to make the pattern. 








No comments: