The last day of the #30daysofbiblicallettering project deserved something strong and courageous.
I broke away from the journal, and made a few backgrounds using a very simple technique that I recently discovered again, originally blogged about here.
The only supplies you need are card stock, plastic wrap (Saran or other) and water soluble markers. I tried a few different kinds of markers; one isn't better than another, but if they are juicy and have a fat tip it helps. Here are the steps:
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap a little larger than your card stock.
- Crumple the plastic wrap into a ball. Uncrumple it and smooth it flat on your table.
- Scribble on the wrap with 3-4 colors of markers. You don't need a lot of coverage.
- Fold the wrap in half to mix the colors. Unfold.
- Spray the wrap lightly with water.
- Gently place your card stock on top of the wrap and press it flat to allow the color mixture to transfer to the paper.
- Peel the card stock off.
- Repeat with more color if needed and let dry.