Thursday, January 12, 2017

Once Upon a Piece of Paper

is a beautiful new book by Andrea D'Aqino.  I pounced on the offer of a review copy and I'm glad I did!


Collage need not be difficult or complicated.  Included with the book you get 50 yummy double-sided collage papers - grab your glue, scissors and art journal or other support and you're all set!

The book provides straight forward, sometimes humorous collage instructions and prompts, while still incorporating some good art principles.  Here is a sample of these:



If you'd like to dip your toe into collage but don't have the collection of pictures and papers that you feel you need, this is a good option for you.  The paper pad included is not just another pad of scrapbook paper; here are a few pictures to give you the idea:








I evaluate art books very simply.  Does it make me want to grab a pen, some paint or glue stick and get started?  This one gets a resounding yes.  I got started immediately, although those papers were so yummy they were difficult to cut into.

I'll post some collages shortly.

No comments: