Saturday, January 14, 2017

Silly Scraps Saturday


I'm borrowing from one of my favorite stamp (and mixed media) artists today, Stamping Mathilda.  (Not only is she a talented artist, but she is a great photographer too.)

I love her Sunday Scraps series, in which she creates something out of scraps.  I have a lot of watercolored scraps that could have gone in the garbage bin years ago, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

To make a few bookmarks I cut a larger watercolored piece into 2" strips and drew on them with a black Stabilo pencil.  Then, I applied more paint to the backgrounds only.

This worked so well that I made some Artist Trading Cards for tomorrow's swap.  Here are a couple of those too:



Next time I'll try and remember to take a picture of the scraps before I turn them into something else.


No comments: