Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Another Canson XL Watercolour Test


After my last experience with this paper (see yesterday's post), I wondered what I might have done wrong.  I had learned this no-stretch method of preventing buckling from an artist who uses it with all kinds of paper, including Canson XL.   Had I left the paper taped to the glass too long?  Not long enough?

The next day was cooler and the humidity was lower.  With different weather and these questions in my mind I tried again.   After I finished painting I removed some tape and could tell that the paper was beginning to stick to the glass again.  I quickly removed it so that there was only some minor damage.  I transferred it to a board and pressed the tape down to continue drying.  This worked fine.

I still had a lot of fun painting, though, and enjoyed a change of subject!



No comments: