Monday, April 6, 2020

Midnight Mopping


I woke last week to the sound of running water.  It seemed unusual for midnight, so I got out of bed.  My bathroom was flooded and the toilet was spewing water.  Apparently toilet tanks don't last forever - the water was coming from a large crack down the side.

I quickly turned off the water, ran down to the basement for a bucket and mop and returned for 45 minutes of clean-up.  The mop broke in the middle, adding to the excitement.  (How my husband remained asleep through all the swearing I'll never know).

The living room below the bathroom did not escape unscathed, unfortunately, but it could have been much worse had I not woken up when I did.

Stay tuned for the next chapter - we'll find out if I can get a new toilet installed in the middle of a pandemic!  (At least I have something else to think about now).

No comments: