Saturday, April 11, 2020

Rejoicing While Waiting

#paintwithmechallenge
Watercolor in mixed media journal

Today is a day when Christians wait, the day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  Imagine how those first disciples felt - their saviour had been crucified and their faith was being tested while they waited for something to happen.  They didn't know exactly what to expect would happen next.  It was a time of great uncertainty.

The "Covid-times" are a lot like that for me - waiting for something new to happen.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm waiting for, just for better times ahead, I guess.

And so, in this waiting time, I continue to do the only thing I can, put one foot in front of the next and practice the lessons that my faith teaches me - to worry only about today and to rejoice in today.

When I look at this watercolor attempt I'm tempted to fill this space with "should haves".  I should have used better paper, for sure.  But learning and practicing the skill of painting is a lot like life - we always get another chance tomorrow.

This is the day that the Lord has made - let us rejoice and be glad in it! - Psalm 118:24


 

No comments: