Wednesday, August 22, 2018

New Journal!


I did it!  This picture shows my new journal on top of a stack of four(!) journals that I finished this month.  I set a goal at the beginning of 2018 to finish all of my "in-progress" journals and to begin a single, chronological journal.  I didn't know how long it would take - I was hoping just a few months.

My new journal is a single signature of twenty-four pages and measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  The paper is a new mixed media paper made by Fabriano from my local art store, Deserres.  It is the perfect weight for me - not too precious for sketching, smooth for pen work and/or stamping, but sized for watercolour.  So far I'm loving it!  My theory is that by keeping the page count low I can finish it and make something completely different when I want a different type or size of paper.

No comments: