Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sketchbook Choices

 


After working for months in two large mixed media spiral bound sketchbooks, I've become tempted by smaller, sewn journals once again.  The root of the change began with a course I'm taking with German illustrator Felix Scheinberger.  He's an urban sketcher and recommends an inexpensive A5 sketchbook - small enough to carry around and paper that isn't intimidating.  I've also been following closely the local urban sketcher Becky Cao, who uses a larger, bound watercolor journal.  Both prefer the stitched binding so that they can sketch across two pages.

I made one book for my Traveler's Notebook with my favorite mixed media paper, and dug an inexpensive A5 book out of the closet, and sketched them.  The inexpensive book is a bit too inexpensive; the paper isn't acid free and doesn't take wet media well.  But choices abound at the moment!

No comments: