Friday, August 9, 2019

Find Your Joy - A Second Take on Lesson One


I love finger painting with wet gelatos on canvas paper, so I decided to have another go at Lesson One of Find Your Joy.

My joy didn't last because I used too much black and the colours turned muddy.  (I got some of the light back by twisting a bunched up paper towel and removing some mud.)  The tape didn't work well on the slick canvas paper, so the wet mud slipped under the tape.  I thought it was destined for the garbage.

However, once I cut them up I found that I liked them.  They have nice depth, I think.  I have no idea what I'll do with them.  

This course isn't about the results, thankfully, it is about finding joy in the process, and identifying what you like doing.  I already knew that I liked fingerpainting with wet gelatos, so I'll do that again, no doubt.  The idea of taping, working large and then cutting them up just didn't work with this medium though.  It's all a learning process!

No comments: