Thursday, August 22, 2019

Indecision


Japanese Double Pamphlet Sketchbooks

This is what happens when I can't make up my mind.  I made the portrait sketchbook first, and then the very next day I decided I wanted to go square for awhile instead, and so I needed to make another.  

I gelli printed the covers of both sketchbooks, using stamps that I was contemplating discarding (more indecision).  I decided to keep both stamps.  

The process not only helped me to decide, but to stop thinking of them as "precious".  I usually avoid using wood mounted stamps with acrylic paint because I can't throw them in water, but I just scrubbed them with a toothbrush under a running tap and they cleaned up just fine.  I figured if I was getting rid of them it didn't matter if they got destroyed.  I had much more fun this way too!

No comments: