Monday, August 5, 2019

Find Your Joy


I'm taking a free taster course from Louise Fletcher called Find Your Joy.  You can find out more about it here.

Louise works in acrylic, but there are a handful of us in this class working in watercolour.  In this first exercise, we taped off a large piece of paper and then painted ignoring the tape (i.e. as if it was one large painting).  We experimented with different mark making tools and limited ourselves to 30 minutes.  I found this exercise liberating, joyful, and lots of fun!

After I had applied a bit of paint I found myself working on the six individual squares, which turned out to be an optional second step.  I had so much fun that I may try this again and ATTEMPT to follow the instructions.

I have cut these apart and I'm undecided as to whether they are finished yet.  I'll put them away for awhile and look at them again later.

No comments: